Awakening our Collective Soul
Social distancing has the opportunity to be a global awakening. In the midst of all the chaos that is the world right now, awaits a divine opportunity to awaken our souls. If we believe in spirituality, we know that nothing is accidental. Everything has a lesson for us. We are being given an opportunity to connect back to what is really important. Those things are not found on the other side of the screen, rather they are found within us. We are being given an opportunity to become one with ourselves and in tune to the parts of us that we so often run from. There is a lot going on in the world right now and we are each responsible for how we want to feel.
There is a lot of heavy energy in the world right now. There is a lot of fear out there, a lot of panic, a lot of anxiety. A lot of fear and panic around what may be and this concept of “isolation”. Real life is happening and it’s our responsibility to give ourselves what we need to thrive even in the face of what’s happening in the world. You may be questioning WHY this is happening and what MAY happen. You may be overconsuming yourself in all of the news and pandemonium. You may even find yourself standing in the center of the vortex of fear that is so very present.
This will obviously be a scary time for many, as they navigate into unchartered territories. Emotions will be heightened, and our minds may be in overdrive. But the truth is, our mind will never figure it out. It is time to turn inwards, into our bodies. We must remember that our natural state is peace. It lays beneath all of the other emotions that we experience and the chaos that is our life.
One of the biggest lessons we can learn is to ‘respond not react’. We have the choice to be responsive and not reactive to any experience. You can be responsive and not be in fear. But this requires radical reflection and honesty. You have the opportunity to learn, grow and connect or to let fear and panic run the show.
I truly believe that social distancing may just be the awakening our world needs. When was the last time you spent time on your own? When is the last time you faced yourself? When is the last time you had to sit with your feelings and not cover them up? When is the last time you faced your inner demons? Isolation will inevitably bring people to turn inwards and face all that they have been running from.
We have been given the opportunity to take some inward time that for so long we have craved. We have the opportunity to awaken our souls. Take this time to spend some time with yourself, in solitude. Take this time to focus on yourself and your emotions. You can choose to take a step back and breath in the fresh air. Now is the opportunity to get grounded back into your real life. Give yourself permission to unplug and go outside. Give yourself permission to put yourself first. Give yourself permission to do all the things you say you want to do but use “busy” as an excuse to avoid.
During times like these, while challenging, we must find a way to keep our inner calmness. Focus on the things you can control, take deep breaths, do small rituals to ground your mind and take more deep breaths. Use this time to develop the part of your mind that wants to sabotage, worry and complain. Think about all of the things that you can do with what you have versus the things you can’t do.
“In the midst’s of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you” – Deepak Chopra
We are being invited into this space of creativity. Give yourself the permission to receive this as something that is being given to you rather than being forced upon you. Now is the time to listen to nature, to our own inner knowing. A beautiful space of yin that you can synch into and awaken your soul.
Let us welcome this time as a sacred pause to attune to our personal health, reflect on sustainability and lean into water matters most.
Practices to AWAKEN Yourself
Getting grounded and anchored will help us with the collective external fear. It will attune us to our physical and energetic bodies. Rituals have the power to ground and stabilize us.
The daily practice of personal rituals can allow you to connect with and reclaim your power. Set the intention for the ritual, honor the ritual and release the outcome of the ritual. The outcome will present itself when it – and you – are ready. Rituals are very individualistic and can allow you to awaken your inner power.
Take a moment to sit down, close your eyes and breathe into what it is that your body needs. Allow yourself to be open to receiving the practices that will allow you to connect to your inner self.
- Morning Meditation: Practicing mindfulness and meditation will help you slow down, take a deep breath and reflect on your day.
- Mantra’s and Affirmations: Begin each day with a mantra or an affirmation such as “I am….” to awaken your inner self.
- Morning + Evening Rituals: Begin each morning with intention and end each evening with gratitude.
- Movement: Take time to practice daily movement. Connect with your breath through each mindful movement. Whether it is yoga or a spin class, movement allows shakti (energy) and prana (life force) to move throughout your body.
Reflection will allow us to release old patterns and trauma around not being able to trust. It will attune us to our inner wisdom and intuition.
So often we perceive emotions as an inconvenience and shun them away, suppressing them deep within our bodies. Only to have them manifest as dis-ease within our bodies. Be kind to your emotions, sit with them and feel them. They are there for a reason, so be kind to yourself and pay attention to them.
- Journal: Let the words flow from within onto the pages of your journal. Channel all that is within you into words. Give yourself permission to express yourself, release all that you must and give your thoughts a place to be expressed.
- Intention Setting: Ask yourself regularly: Who am I? What do I want? How do I want to serve? Begin each day with an intention to guide you through the day.
- Channel your Emotions: Give yourself the space and permission to sit with your emotions. Allow yourself to awaken and feel the emotions in your body. Release what no longer serves you. Let the tears fall and scream if you must.
- Earthing: Keep yourself grounded by connecting to nature on a daily basis. Allow yourself to breath in the divine powers of mother nature by connecting to her energy.
Reconnection will allow us to connect to the infinite potential that lies within us. Spiritual practices allow us to connect with ourselves and whatever force guides your life. They allow us to awaken the divine energy within.
- Dance: Dancing is a powerful way to tune in, receive energy, receive messages, release energy, heal, get into your body, and move freely. Turn on your favourite song, abandon yourself to the rhythm and allow your body to move freely to the beat.
- Nutrition + Nourishment: Practice soulful cooking and mindful eating. Eat to nourish your body, mind and soul. Reconnect with your food and and awaken yourself to its healing properties. Sit with your food, bless it, smell it, taste it.
- Sleep: Our bodies restore and repair themselves. Create a regular sleeping schedule and bedtime routine to allow yourself to relax, release and drift into restorative sleep. Be mindful of what you take to bed with you from the day past.
- Community: Find comfort in a community of people who support and align with your spiritual beliefs. Practice spreading love, for we are love and are loved. We are all a collective being, experiencing life as a whole.
Let us welcome this time as a sacred pause to attune to our personal health, reflect on sustainability and lean into what matters most.
Humans are hardwired to be resilient. We know that this too shall pass. When we heal ourselves, we heal the collective. The world needs our light, your light. We know that love conquers all. Now is the time to love ourselves and each other.
This is the universe giving us time, not in the most ideal way, but let’s take what we have and make the most of it. You are stronger than you know. Breath and keep moving forward. We’ll get through this and this too shall pass.
I encourage you take preauction, be in the know, follow recommendations and self-isolate. But do not let fear spread like wildfire and consume you. We can each make the choice to make love and joy just as contagious as fear. Let us each spread the virus of positivity across the planet.
I encourage you to be kind to yourself and others. During such uncertain times, unfamiliar emotions, experiences and reactions may come up. Love yourself for whatever you may be feeling. We are all in this together, all the way through.